Work Injury

Spread the love

Compensation for a Worker’s Injury

Workers Compensation for Workplace Injuries

Please note that in Australia, all states and Territories have different laws and regulations to go by when you have suffered a workplace injury. Please click on the state that you where injured in for information about your State or Territory and limitation periods to claim.


What is Workers Compensation?

If you have sustained an injury in the workplace or on your way to or from work you may be entitled to Workers Compensation under the State Act.  Workers Compensation may also include injuries sustained whilst you were on a break, attending training and business travel for work.

If the accident was or wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to receive Workers Compensation which includes payments of your income whilst off work, payment of approved reasonable medical expenses including travelling expenses and Workers Compensation may also include a lump sum payout for permanent damage.  In this case it is very important to seek legal advice as there a different options for travelling circumstances.

When do I Claim for Workers Compensation?

Different time limits DO apply for each State and Territory Workers Compensation Claims. You should lodge your claim as soon as possible. If your claim is lodged outside of your State or Territory limitations period then you may never be able to claim again. Generally you have three (3) years from your date of injury to lodge a Workers Compensation claim. Please do not hesitate to contact Legal Injury to speak with one of our experienced staff to advise you about you can go about asking a claim even if your time limit has expired.

How do I claim Workers Compensation?

Firstly you MUST notify your employer that you have sustained a workplace injury, even if you do not believe your injury is severe, tell your employer as the full extent of your injury may not be unknown.

A Workers Compensation Claim then should be lodged with your employer’s insurance company. You will need to supply a Workers Compensation Medical Certificate with your ‘Application for Compensation’ to support your claim was a workplace injury.

If you had time off as a result of your workplace injury you should begin receiving compensation payments soon after your claim has been accepted.

At Legal injury we understand that not only do you have to deal with financial concerns, but also the physical pain from your injury. Legal Injury’s aim is to eliminate and take away the day to day stresses after sustaining an injury and take them on board for you, dealing with the Insurance Company when they are not paying you correctly and not reimbursing your for your losses. We want to help you recover from your injury with as little strain as possible!

Speak to a legal expert about your potential claim to ensure that you are being treated fairly by the Insurance Company.

Lump Sum Compensation

If you have been assessed by a doctor that you have permanent disability from sustain an injury in the workplace or in a car accident, then you may be entitled to receive a lump sum compensation payout irrespective of who is at fault. As a rule you are best off having an experienced Injury Solicitor negotiate this aspect of your claim.

Common Law Claims

Pursuing a Common Law Claim will leave you in a much better position to recover fully from your injury. If you have incurred an injury as a result of someone else’s negligence then you may be entitled to pursue a Common Law Claim. Under the Australia States and Territories law thresholds and time limits do apply.

To receive the damages you deserve for your Personal Work Injury Claim, talk to the legal injury professionals.

Disclaimer: Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal matter you should consult an appropriately qualified lawyer.