Compensation for Personal Injury - WA

Personal Injury Claims in Western Australia like every other state have different laws and limitation periods. 

For Personal Injuries sustained in Western Australia we can provide you with advice for different types of Personal Injury claims and what your options are, with no obligation free legal advice.

A public liability claim includes;

  • Accidents in public places such as slip and fall accidents in supermarkets, shopping centre’s, retail centre’s and on footpaths
  • Accidents at private properties
  • Accidents at schools, parks or playgrounds
  • Dog attacks
  • Boat and Jet Ski accidents
  • Injuries sustained in a plane etc.

In Western Australia, Public Liability Claims entail a three (3) year limitation period to commence a Common Law Claim.  The limitation begins from the date of accident.  Outside the three (3) year mark your claim may be statue barred.  Limitation periods can vary so please contact Legal Injury today to find out advice directly relating to your situation.

To pursue a claim, you will need to;

  • Advise your doctor of the injury so the incident is recorded
  • Have you doctor investigate your injury further to provide diagnosis
  • Retain records and receipts of medical expenses, wages lost due to your injury
  • Take photos of the scene of the accident and the injuries sustained (if possible) for evidence.

After a claim is lodged it will be investigated.  If the claim is accepted the injured person may be able to claim;

  • General Damages for pain and suffering including physical or psychological ongoing or permanent injury.
  • Past and future medical expenses.
  • Damages for past services of a personal and domestic nature, either paid or gratuitous.
  • Past and future economic loss
  • Out of pocket expenses e.g. travel etc.

To pursue a Common Law Claim for under Western Australia’s Public Liability scheme there are restrictions and thresholds to identify whether or not a claimant has rights for a General Damages Claim.


Disclaimer: Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal matter you should consult an appropriately qualified lawyer.

or would you prefer