Compensation Payouts for Injury

Spread the love

Compensation payouts are put in place to assist people who have been injured physically and/or psychologically.  Usually to be able to run a Claim for Compensation negligence needs to be established.  As each State and Territory of Australia differs with its Insurance policies, you should seek advice with a legal professional who practices law in the state or territory of where you were injured.

There are many types of claims that can be pursued under the Personal Injury Compensation laws, such as;

  • Workers Compensation
  • Motor Vehicle Accidents – CTP claims
  • Public liability
  • Victims Compensation
  • Product liability
  • Medical negligence
  • Motorcycle accidents – CTP claims
  • Slip and fall accidents and
  • Criminal injury compensation.

If you have been injured in any circumstance then you should seek legal advice as you may have compensation entitlements.  Generally, most entitlements cover;

  • Economic loss
  • Medical treatment
  • Out of pocket expenses.

Also, depending on the rules and regulations of the state or territory you were injured, if you can pin point negligence that was not your fault or only partially your fault, then you may be entitled to compensation for Pain and Suffering.  The type of claim that this type of compensation falls into in called a Common Law Claim.  These claims can provide with past and future economic loss, medical treatment, out of pocket expenses and the ongoing Pain and Suffering.

If you have been victim to an injury and accident that was or was not your fault, then seek legal advice and know what your rights are.

Disclaimer: Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal matter you should consult an appropriately qualified lawyer.